How much do you know about Rosé?
We love a good Rosé! These pink wines really get us wanting more come spring and summer. Here are some Interesting Tidbits About Rosé Wines... in case you didn't know!
- Despite Rose's recent rise in popularity and awareness among American wine drinkers, Rose style wines have been produced almost as long as Red and White wines.
- The "modern" style (fresh, fruity, dry and crisp) can be traced back to the 6th century BC.
- France consumes and produces more Rose than any other country (We're #2 in consumption!) but their neighbor to the south, Spain is the leading exporter of Rose around the world.
- Rose's rise in popularity in the States has been absolutely astounding lately, with sales rising 30-40% annually the last few years. Rose wines are extremely versatile.
- There's a Rose that will pair just about any style of cuisine.
- Pinot Noir is the most popular grape used in Roses (largely due to Rose style Champagnes) followed by Grenache/Garnacha, Syrah, Tempranillo and Zinfandel