Top 5 Christmas Bubbly Picks
Make Your Christmas Sparkling.
Whether you are waking up Christmas morning with kids running around tearing through presents or having a quiet day at home; maybe you are celebrating with friends around the fire or toasting with someone special... no matter how you are spending Christmas, we have the top five best picks your holiday. I will be definitely be drinking mimosas Christmas morning AND having a glass after dinner with one or two of these below!
Top Five Bubbly Picks
1. Drappier Carte d'Or Brut Champagne $55.99: The Carte d'Or cuvée is the very expression of the Drappier style. With its very high proportion of Pinot Noir, one is almost tasting a Blanc de Noirs. Champagne with a fine aromatic richness, it opens with aromas of stoned fruits such as white vineyard peach. A spicy hint announces a powerful complex palate. A vinous Champagne of lovely complexity with a characteristic note of quince jelly.
2. Poggio Costa Prosecco Doc Brut $14.99 net (sugg. $15.99): Light straw yellow color with green reflections, clear, with a faint, rich and persistent perlage. Its perfume is elegant, with a rich bouquet characterized by flowers surrounded harmoniously by fruity hints that redolent of Golden apple. The taste is fresh, delicate, balanced and light and is exceptionally lively and fresh with strong minerality. This a crisp, fruit-forward, brut (dry) style Prosecco that is refreshing and easy-drinking. Perfect for everyday enjoyment, mimosa and bellinis, or toasting with friends.
3. Pommery Brut Royal Champagne 1.5L $114.99 net (sugg. $159.99): The Pommery Brut Royal shows a pale yellow color with light green accents. On the nose, it is vivacious and cheerful, fresh, easy, fine, delicate, and open. It has notes of citrus and white flowers combined with small berry notes. Elegant and vibrant in the mouth, it opens with initial notes of berries. The wine is round, ample, and delicate, with a nice finish. Clear end notes without any dryness. This wine is harmonious and never grows tiresome to the palate.
4. Dosnon Recolte Blanche Champagne 1.5L $144.99: Our Recolte Blanche is a beautiful Champagne produced from %100 Chardonnay grapes in the Cote des Bar. Vinified and aged in barrel for ten months, the balance of this "Blanc de Blancs" will taste at its best if it is kept in a cool place out of the light.
5. Veuve Clicquot yellow label Brut $79.99: Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label manages to reconcile two opposing factors - strength and silkiness - and to hold them in perfect balance with aromatic intensity and a lot of freshness.
Bonus pick! How could we leave this one out?
6. Veuve Clicquot Rose $89.99: This non-vintage Rose is the end result of a desire to create a Rose champagne with a delightfully luscious, fruit-based charm. The wine has a luminous color with attractive pink glints. The nose is generous and elegant, with initial aromas of fresh red fruit (raspberry, wild strawberry, cherry, blackberry), leading to biscuity notes of dried fruits and Viennese pastries (almonds, apricots and brioche). The fresh attack is followed by a fruity harmonious sensation on the palate. The wine is perfectly balanced in the best Veuve Clicquot style of pink champagnes, combining elegance and flair.